In a survey by It’s Just Lunch of 38,912 singles, IJL found that:
· 1 in 8: the chance a woman has of a 2nd date if she has not heard from him within 24 hours of their first date.
· Top conversation killers: past relationships—49%, dieting or body image—21%, politics—15% and marriage—15%.
· 17%--the chance of liking a date set up by a friend.
· 88% of women find money to be very important in a relationship.
· Topic to ignore on a first date—60% of women and 64% of men don’t talk politics on a first date.
· 52% of singles feel they are too busy to meet other singles.
· 76% of women date men that are at least 5 years older than them, while 80% of men date women that are at least 5 years younger than them.
· 53% of singles find a great smile the most attractive feature.
· 43% of singles have Googled someone on the internet before a first date.