Try these six boosters to improve your self-confidence and sex appeal.
- Stop measuring yourself against others, especially celebrities or fashion models. Recognize that you are a hot ticket with a unique set of qualities and attributes. If you believe you are special, you will attract a partner who appreciates what you have to offer. Tell yourself "I'm great just the way I am" or ""I'm exciting" or "I'm lovable". You are! This kind of pep talk helps imprint positive messages into your brain and eventually will change your outlook.
Remember, the very characteristics or behavior that turns one person off may turn another person on. Don't waste your time with people who don't recognize what you have to offer. Learn to love yourself for everything you are and everything you're not. When you like who you are, people will naturally be drawn to you.
- Surround yourself with people who treat you with the love and respect that you deserve. If you have people in your life who are overly critical or negative, weed them out.
- If you're not happy with the way you look, treat yourself to a new look. Join a gym and build self confidence. You'll feel like a million bucks. Dress and act your best at all times, because you never know when you might run into someone special. When you look good, you feel good too.
- Step outside your own boundaries. Join a club, take a dance class or stand-up comedy class, go horseback riding or parachuting. Push through your fears, and you'll find yourself alive with confidence.
- Finally, date more. As you handle all the different situations you come across, it will reinforce positive feelings about yourself and boost your confidence in your dating ability.
At the end of the day, everybody could use a little improvement. But nobody's perfect and no one ever will be, so you have to balance your desire to be all you can be with your willingness to accept who you are.