Don't get stuck with awkward silence on your date this weekend. Here are a few easy topics, grabbed from the news, to chat about if the conversation goes cold.
- A migraine caused a reporter's on-air garbled speech, and not a stroke, during the Grammys.
- Speaking of the Grammys, did you watch them? What kind(s) of music do you like? Did you like the show?
- It's been another week of tumultuous protests in the middle east, and now it's gotten more violent. Have you been following the situation?
- It was Fashion Week in NYC. Do you have any interest in Fashion?
- The I.B.M. "Watson' Computer Won at Jeopardy.
Remember to ask questions, and be prepared to listen and ask follow up questions.