A survey of 38,912 singles by It's Just Lunch found that :
- 1 in 8: the chance a women has for a 2nd date if she has not heard from him within 24 hours of their first date.
- Top conversation killers: past relationship - 49%, dieting or body image - 21%, politics - 15% and marriage - 15%.
- 17% - the chance of liking a date set up by a friend.
- 88% of women find money to be very important in a relationship.
- Topic ignored on a first date - 60% of women and 64% of men don't talk about politics on a first date.
- 52% of singles feel they are too busy to meet other singles.
- 76% of women date men that are at least 5 years older than them, while 80% of men date women that are at least 5 years younger than them.
- 53% of singles find a great smile the most attractive feature.
- 43% of singles have Googled someone on the internet before a first date.