At It's Just Lunch, summer is our favorite time of year for dating. The sun shines brighter, the days are longer and people are all around happier. There's also tons of summer activities that make for a fantastic date. No matter how many first dates you go on, it's important to go engage in date activites that provide a unique experience for the both of you. If it doesn't work out, at least you had fun! And never has dating been made to be more fun than during the summer time.
Want a shot a summer romance that could possible turn into more? It's been said that adrenaline has a way and breeding chemistry and attraction. Try turning up the heat on your next first date with 25 fun summer date ideas that really can't go wrong if you focus on having fun and creating a memorable experience you'll both enjoy regardless if you ever see each other again.
- Walk along the beach where you can really focus on getting to know each other through conversation.
- Have a picnic at a quaint little park in your neighborhood. Bring your favorite picnic item and start your date off with a little show and tell as you get to know each other better starting with what kind of food you like.
- Hiking is an excellent option for those who live in mountainous areas as opposed to the beach. Get a good workout in while getting to know someone. If you're lucky, you might end up with a regular hiking partner who could turn into much more.
- Kayaking is a really fun option if you're feeling a little more adventurous and want to size up how someone might look... half naked. We know that's not all that you're looking for, but let's not kid ourselves into thinking phyical attractiveness isn't a factor in the dating game.
- A night out at a drive-in theater creates a unique movie watching experience, making a date at the drive-in all the more memorable. If there isn't one in your area, opt for an outdoor movie experience at a local park.
- Berry picking is another fun idea. If that date goes well, keep it going with nice quality time in the kitchen baking up a storm of berry pie.
- Local carnivals are a classic first date idea. Take a ride on the ferris wheel for a romantic kiss at the top. It'll make you both feel like young teens again.
- County or state fairs are even more fun than local carnivals because there is just so much more to do that is sure to pique both of your interests.
- Food truck festivals are a great option if you both happen to be foodies.
- Music festivals can be a really fun way to bond, especially if you both like the same kind of music.
Tune in next week for our next blog post featuring 10 more fun summer date ideas.